Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Did I mention?

   We got a day off from the rain. Well kinda, it rained for about 5 minutes around 4:30 this morning. Did I mention it was another downpour? Standing water in the garden all day again and still.
   Hmmm......... the rowbuilder that we got this spring has kept our new seedlings on high ground so far. Of course the baby geese have also noticed the seedlings on higher ground. Hopefully that doesn't mean they will be feasting and drinking/swimming /partying on the veggies. (They can have all the grass and nutsedge they want but I'm not sure they know there's a difference)
   Oh and did I mention it rained when my husband got home from work? Another 5 minute downpour then back to partly sunny and mostly humid. If we were doing one of those survivor shows I would swear we were heading for a tropical rain forest in some exotic central america location. Nope just good ole southern hospitality.
   Did I mention we are scheduled for more rain and severe weather tomorrow? At this rate we will have to bale the weeds around the house instead of mow them.
   I know there are areas that would like some of our rain and I have tried to send it to them even pleading with facebook friends in the area to all turn their fans on high and point them toward Texas and Arizona ( for family members requesting the moisture) The only result was one fan with a burned out motor and another on it's way.
   I'm really not complaining too much though, we have all stayed safe and dry this spring (except for my daughters leaking roof and my husband's aunt and uncle's roof damage) compared to the misfortunes of so many others in this area I am thakful we have been lucky this year. Hope it stays that way.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment