Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fall down here.

Wow how time flies! I never seem to have enough of it. I haven't posted on here for quite a while so I will update some things. We had a great spring for baby goats and aside from a bout with ringworm they did wonderfully.  We sold a bunch of guineas then hatched some more out....... they did well too. Only 2 new geese and are now growing some Muscovy ducks. This was our first year trying our hand at milking and it was pretty successful. ( after we purchased a milking machine!) The garden did GREAT thanks to my husband& grandson's sprinkler invention. We needed it since we barely had any rain. It has rained a handful of times this fall so the trees and grass got a good soaking a couple of times before going dormant. It is actually starting to feel like fall with temperatures close to freezing at night. I like the cool crisp air of fall much better than the hot heavy humid air of summer.
  We are looking at our winter projects now. Expanding the pasture for our expanding goat herd. Expanding the goat barn for our expanding goat herd. Improving the watering system (especially for the rabbits) Cutting some wood, we have had a lot of trees break and a number of tops dropping out of trees. There have been some really strong winds this year that weakened them.  Our oldest daughter has had a good year too. Graduated college, got married and found her lost dog! Our youngest daughter has had a good year too because she has such an awesome family that she takes care of!
  I am looking forward to the upcoming holidays when I am able to share some decent cooking and time with my husband, my girls and their families. Great times. I will miss my sister this year since she had to make other arrangements this year, however she has assured me she will be visiting soon so we will just have an extra celebration to look forward to.
 Remember to be thankful for whatever you have now and the good memories you have to look back on. I know I am.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment